Skip to main content

Pacquiao - Mayweather Jr: Why it wont happen.

Now that Manny Pacquiao proved he was right. What's next? Facing Floyd, that is. A thrilling idea that just became a concept: a what if. But why it will never happen?

Because Mayweather Jr. want's to retire as undefeated. This is the only reason I can think of. If you say he fears Manny, I don't think so. I bet he can stand toe to toe with Pacman. He has the skills. He is undefeated. And he knows how to box.

Now the question is why he wants to retire undefeated? Two reasons I can think of - money and/or prestige. You wont get anything else out of being undefeated except for those two. If you're undefeated, you're value goes up. You become famous. You have control over your fights... Things like those. Can't blame the man for thinking about his future. Specially if you have a colleague like Mike Tyson. Being reminded of how it will be without money will definitely make you think twice.

I'm just not sure why would he choose a good retirement over proving that he is the best. If I know that I am the best then I know that I can defeat whoever is placed in front of me. Specially for a boxer, nothing is more precious than proving to the world that I am the best. And for Mayweather Jr., that should be a piece of cake. That's if he, really, is the best.

Maybe this is all just work for him. A job that he was to do even if he doesn't want to do it. In a way that's being professional and I think I can admire him for that. But,being a boxing fan, or an spectator at least, I would think low of how a boxer he is. He maybe undisputed or undefeated, but he will never be the best or the greatest as far as my opinion is concern. Even without considering Pacquio in the picture, Marquez will be better or greater that him.

Being undisputed or undefeated doesn't mean being the greatest or the best.

Popular

Agile Transportation System (ATS) Values and Principles

Here’s a draft of the Agile Transportation System (ATS) Values and Principles. ATS Core Values Adaptability Over Rigidity - ATS prioritizes flexible route adjustments and dynamic scheduling based on real-time demand rather than fixed, inefficient routes. Availability Over Scarcity - There should always be an ATS unit available when and where it's needed, reducing wait times and ensuring continuous service. Efficiency Over Redundancy - Every unit must maximize passenger load without compromising speed and convenience, ensuring an optimal balance of utilization. Simplicity Over Complexity - Operations should be straightforward, avoiding unnecessary bureaucracy and ensuring seamless passenger movement. Continuous Improvement Over Static Systems - ATS evolves based on data and feedback, refining operations to enhance reliability and customer satisfaction. Customer Experience Over Just Transportation - The system is not just about moving people; it's about making their journe...

Understanding Large Language Models (LLMs) Using First-Principles Thinking

Instead of memorizing AI jargon, let’s break down Large Language Models (LLMs) from first principles —starting with the most fundamental questions and building up from there. Step 1: What is Intelligence? Before we talk about AI, let’s define intelligence at the most basic level: Intelligence is the ability to understand, learn, and generate meaningful responses based on patterns. Humans do this by processing language, recognizing patterns, and forming logical connections. Now, let’s apply this to machines. Step 2: Can Machines Imitate Intelligence? If intelligence is about recognizing patterns and generating responses, then in theory, a machine can simulate intelligence by: Storing and processing vast amounts of text. Finding statistical patterns in language. Predicting what comes next based on probability. This leads us to the core function of LLMs : They don’t think like humans, but they generate human-like text by learning from data. Step 3: How Do LLMs Wor...

AI, Languages and Neuro-Kernels

“A radical rethinking of OS architecture for the age of AI: from legacy kernels to self-optimizing neuro-kernels powered by contextual intelligence.” I believe that the future will ditch Linux and Windows because AI will create it's own kernel that's ready to be fused with AI model to become neuro-kernel. Why? Because they were not created for AI. They were created several decades ago when LLM wasn’t even a phrase. They were born out of necessity, not intention — a way to make silicon respond to keyboards, screens, and human commands. Over time, they adapted: adding graphical user interfaces like Window User Interface and desktop environments of Linux, supporting mobile devices such as Android and iOS, and surviving by bolting on complexity, you get the gist. But at their core, they are still human-first operating systems, not built for real-time machine reasoning, context shifts, or model-to-model communication. Now Let's Talk Inefficiencies The inefficiencies are baked in...